In May we moved to a new house. We are hoping that this will be our home for many years. The house was built in 1960 and needs some improvements (it's a "fixer-upper"). But it is in a great location and has lots of potential. We are going to tackle the improvements in phases. Will and I sometimes joke that we have 516 phases and counting...Phase 1 consisted of tearing out the wood paneling, putting in new insulation and drywall, texture, paint, build a fireplace mantle and add the stone tiles, refinish the wood floors and add new lighting. Will has become quite the handyman over the years and with a little help from some friends, the girls, and professionals we are finished with phase 1! (The pictures show phase 1 before and after.)
We are living in a 700 square foot guest apartment that is attached to the house until things are finished. We have the kitchen, office, and playroom set up in the main house so we only sleep and get ready in the apartment. It sounds crazy but we are having fun with it and making lots of memories!
We are living in a 700 square foot guest apartment that is attached to the house until things are finished. We have the kitchen, office, and playroom set up in the main house so we only sleep and get ready in the apartment. It sounds crazy but we are having fun with it and making lots of memories!
4 comments:
The "after" pictures or gorgeous! What a beautiful home you are creating, in many ways!
It looks wonderful! I enjoyed reading about your beautiful family on your blog, and congratulations on baby #3! =) Tanya (Suzette's niece)
PS. What is the paint color you used? It is gorgeous!
It looks great!!! Can't wait to see it in person. What is phase 2?
LOVE IT!!!! I can't believe you guys are doing so much- and so fast!! Of course, I'm sure it doesn't seem that fast to you! :) Great reading about all your new happenings- Olsen is precious!!! Riley will be so jealous... maybe we shouldn't mention this for a while. :) And I love Millie's prayer- I can't wait to see if its a boy or a girl too! :)
Post a Comment